0. Where do I download the series?
1. When will the next chapter come out?
2. How long do you take to release chapters? Why?
3. Do you release RAWs?
4. Why can't I see the comment box?
5. What is AJ PLAU?
6. Can I use your site images?
7. Can I use your Character Information in other sites?
8. Can I translate your project to a different language
9. Can I upload your project to online readers and manga download sites?
B. 1/2 Prince Specific Questions
1. OSS has "official" permission to scan 1/2 Prince and stuff right?
2. Where can I read the 1/2 Prince Novel in English?
3. Why are there different names in volume 6 onwards?
4. Why did you jump to 1/2 Prince Vol 6 from Vol 1?
5. What are the songs Prince sings?
6. Where to buy 1/2 Prince merchandise - novels, manga etc...
C. Webtoons, Codes and Plugin
1. Where's the Webtoon Translation? Why does your link take me to Naver's website?
2. Does the author still get the clicks after we use the code/plugin?
3. Are the codes/plugins safe?
4. Why is the plugin or universal code not working past Chapter #?
5. Can't you make a plugin that works for all webtoons you do?
6. The Translation isn't loading, what am i doing wrong?
D. General Novel-related Questions
Go to Novel FAQs . We have a different set of rules for novels.
A. General Questions
1. Where do I download ___ series? --- Back to the top
Look on the left menu. If you are using Internet Explorer you might not be able to use the menu properly. You shouldn't be using IE anyway, so we have no sympathy for you.
1. When will the next chapter come out? --- Back to the top
It will be released once its been scanlated. No raws. EVER
1/2 Prince is bimonthly - a chapter every 2 months.
Legend of the Sun Knight - irregular
2. How long do you take to release chapters? Why? --- Back to the top
When something is actually published, and our raw provider is able to buy it...we scanlate and release once it's done.
3. Do you release the RAWs? --- Back to the top
No we don't wanna release RAWs, its rude enough to the artists / authors that we are scanlating it and giving it for free to people, we don't wanna take away their paying readers too.
4. Why can't I see the comment box? --- Back to the top
Your ad banner blocker on Kaspersky is responsible. So add "www.google.com/friendconnect" to the ad banner white list.
5. What is AJ PLAU? --- Back to the top
Like everyone at OSS, you'll have to figure that out...
1) the answer is right in front of you
2) look at your keyboard (has to be QWERTY)
3) PWN! is to OWN! as AJ PLAU! is to...
6. Can I use your site images? --- Back to the top
No, all the non manga art within our site has been made by our staff. We do not want it to be used anywhere other than within our site. The Infinite City is made by and belongs to OSS. It's our primary logo, we will not take kindly if you use it or other images from the site for your own use.
7. Can I use your Character Information in other sites? --- Back to the top
Again No. All parts of the character information is written by OSS staff and meant only for the OSS site. Please do not copy paste any of it to other sites such as wikis and so on.
8. Can I translate your project to a different language? --- Back to the top
Currently we are allowing this ONLY for the projects of non-japanese origin, given that:
(a) You keep the credit page intact.
(b) You do not remove the watermark.
(c) You are not allowed to add your own watermark to any of our scans.
(d) You may not sell / try to make monetary profit using our scans.
(e) A reminder - please DO NOT re-translate our japanese projects such as Migawari Hakushaku.
Be aware that we will announce that all re-translations from OSS projects be taken down, if problems arise.
9. Can I upload your project to online readers and manga download sites? --- Back to the top
- You may distribute our Chinese Manga Projects
- Do not distribute Projects of Japanese origin (Migawari Hakushaku)
- Do not distribute our Korean webtoons, since we intend to use the translation overlay method detailed in Section C.
B. 1/2 Prince Specific Questions
1. OSS has "official" permission to scan 1/2 Prince and stuff right? --- Back to the top
No we don't. Author & artist said its okay, but their consent doesn't mean publishers consent. The only people that have the rights to give REAL permission to scan is the publishers, and they won't give such a thing for free. If we truly were officially permitted to scan 1/2 Prince, you would be paying to view manga now.
2. Where can I read the 1/2 Prince Novel in English? --- Back to the top
1/2 Prince manhua is based on a novel of the same name. Our recommended source of the 1/2 Prince novel translation is Prince Revolution!, which has been approved by the author!
3. Why are there different names in volume 6 onwards? --- Back to the top
We picked up ½ Prince where Little Corner & IS WAK left off; this would be volume 6. The following are the name changes.
· Ming Huang - instead of Miwa
· Guiliastes - instead of Guileastos (it should be pronounced Juliastes)
· Yun - instead of Wen (Feng Lan's classmate)
· Guqin - instead of the harp that Guiliastes carries.
· Fan - instead of Van
· Infinite City instead of Infinite Hamlet
4. Why did you jump to 1/2 Prince Vol 6 from Vol 1? --- Back to the top
TLC (The little corner) already has very quality scans for vol 2-5. It would be a waste of efforts for us to rescanlate an already scanlated manhua. We have no plans to scanlate them, but we may someday...
5. What are the songs Prince sings? --- Back to the top
In Chapter 1: It's my life - By Bon Jovi
In Chapter 32: Fly with your Dreams - written by Yu wo (theres no music for it)
In Chapter 33: Swallowtail Butterfly - by Ashin ~ Download Mp3
6. Where to buy.... --- Back to the top
Artworks - 1/2 Prince
C.Webtoons, Codes, Plugins1. Where's the Webtoon Translation? Why does your link take me to Naver's website? --- Back to the top
All naver webtoons that Oddsquad works on uses a "English Translation Overlay" directly on top of Naver's website. To do this, you need to insert a small code in your browser, which will only temporarily change how your website looks to you and YOU only. The moment you refresh it is gone. The plugin automates this process by executing the script the moment you enter the naver site. So even when you refresh the code loads again and you see the Translation.
2. Does the author still get the clicks after we use the code/plugin? --- Back to the top
The author still gets clicks. When you visit her site you give her a higher view count. Then you take the time to read it, which increases the average time readers spend on her page. Naver would most likely take these things into account before giving rankings. All you are doing with the code, is adding in some images, it's the same as buying a book first and then adding a note. Your note makes no difference to other readers or the author.
3. Are the codes/plugins safe? --- Back to the top
It's safe. The code only works once and goes away once you refresh. The plugin can be disabled and removed at any time. Ask around before you try if you are worried. While currently we cannot show you a sign saying "verified", we will try to get it verified by firefox and chrome. This process is difficult mainly because one of their criteria is that the extension has to be useful to a very broad audience, currently it's just readers of our webtoons, which is a relatively tiny fanbase.
4. Why is the plugin or universal code not working past Chapter #? --- Back to the top
Because, that chapter hasn't been translated yet, unlike what you believe, the code doesn't magically translate korean into english. We have to translate, proof, clean and typeset and post the "translations" in a way that the code recognises them. So yeh, if Chapter #X is not translated it will not show up.
5. Can't you make a plugin that works for all webtoons you do? --- Back to the top
We are working on it.
6. The Translation isn't loading, what am i doing wrong? --- Back to the top
All questions for code troubleshooting is in the Oddsquad Forums.